Saturday, August 22, 2009

No tengo mucha energía

Today I woke up and started reading. i slept in until 10, so you'd think I wouldn't be tired, but I felt like I couldn't concentrate. Then around 1 Rachel came over, and the 4 of us went to go look for apartments. It was a really long and unsuccessful process. We walked around different apartment complexes and looked for postings about rentals. Most of the ones we could find only had three beds and were unfurnished. Around 5 we stopped (Rebecca had left around 3:30 to go have lunch with some friends). Rachel and Ale got pizza, and I decided to go to the taco place across the street to get food.

I got the veggie, mushroom, and pineapple dish with tortilla again and also tacos de nopales (cactus). I asked for some extra tortillas, and got myself to read a paragraph in between most every tortilla It was a really good way to get through the reading for the graduate class, which was really interesting, but long. But don't worry, I've still got more reading to do. I have almost 100 pages of Foucault that I'll need to read tomorrow. It's a bit confusing because we have a chapter as well as some random pages to read, and I'm really unsure about what is going on on the pages that start in mid-sentence.

Ale, Rebecca, Rachel, Ana, and Miguel went to go smoke Hookah just now. I can't stand smoke in any capacity, so of course I didn't go. But I feel exhausted and not like reading. Maybe I'll go to bed early. Tomorrow I need to read and go see Corazón del Tiempo. I looked into goign to the Supreme Court, and it looks like I'll have to do that monday morning. Hopefully I can read on the metro there and back, because tomorrow I need to buy the book that i have to read for Social Theory on Tuesday. It's by Marx, and it'll be the first time I've read anything by him.

Ah, time for sleep.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Do you need a new apartment? Endless reading- similar to UCSC or different?