In Spanish someone did their presentation, and then we watched the beginning of the film Bajo Juárez. It was pretty intense, discussing the femicide in Cuidad Juárez, from a pretty progressive viewpoint. I was tired, so I wasn't able to catch everything, but it was really interesting. We'll have to write an essay on it (along with all the other homework this week).
At lunch a group of us discussed the colleges at UCSC. It was interesting, although I didn't agree with some of what was said. I brought a peanut butter sandwich for lunch as always, as well as some leftover pineapple.
In Contemporary México, we discussed the agrarian situation in México, as well as the place we'll be going to on Tuesday, where the lake still exists, and some of the farming techniques form before the Spanish are being used. Then a group did their presentation on Korean immigrants in México, and D.F. specifially. They did a really good job, and i have no idea how we'll be anywhere close with our presentation on Wednesday. I need to write a paper for that too, so I need to plan my time accordingly.
After school I headed home, and hung out. I ate some of the pineapple/tofu/veggie mix I made yesterday, along with some rice I made today. I did some reading, more about the lesbian movement in México. It's interesting how I really agree with some analysis, and really disagree with other parts. My favorite word from this reading: geification (gay-ification). I also read a few articles about transexuality in el Debate Feminista (because I'll be talking about the transphobia in the march, as well as in the reading about the lesbian movement). I made my last pizza, and also took a bit of a nap because i haven't gotten enough sleep recently. Speaking of which, I haven't been doing a very good job of spelling recently on this, because I usually start when I should already be in bed, so I try to get through it all as fast as possible.
I found something online that says tofutti is sold in a store in Condesa (which appears to be right near the metro stop we used on Wednesday). I might end up heading over there tomorrow, depending on how late i sleep in and how much homework I get done. I have to be back here before three, because Miguel and Rachel are meeting here to work on our project. Then hopefully I'll have more time to work on homework, and maybe hang out with friends in the evening. Sunday I'm heading over to a friend's house to bake a vegan dessert for the potluck. I'm still not certain what I'm making; I think it will depend on what ingredients I can find at the store. I need to make sure to get social interaction this weekend, but I also need to get a lot of homework done. It would be good to finish all the articles I think I'll use, as well as look over the website some more, so I can start outlining my paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A lot to do and a busy week coming up. It's hard to believe you've been there long enough to be almost done with this part!
Post a Comment