Saturday, September 19, 2009

La Semana Sin Muchas Clases





Tuesday we went to el Bosque de Chapultepec, and walked around there. Then we took paddle-boats on the lake. It was fun, but kind of tiring. Rachel and Ale were in the back part of our paddle boat, and unlike the one's at pinecrest, there were four seats where one could pedal, so they were peddling on the same axis, and I had to peddle, one by myself. So I didn't get us to move very far when I was paddling alone.

Then we headed for el Zócalo, and got off the metro. We ran into Rebecca, who was meeting her boyfriend there and some of his friends, so then all of us went to a bar. I wasn't feeling very well (tired, overwhelmed, and out of patience), so i ended up heading back home, and bought some chow mein and a chocolate covered banana on the way. I watched "America's Sweethearts" because it was the only thing on TV that interested me, and I went to bed.

Wednesday I worked on papers for the América Latina hoy class, but I managed to get to bed before 1, which is awfully early for me on a Wednesday Night.

In class on Thursday we talked about Sex Ed and such, and the person teaching the class asked me for my U.S.-based perspective. It was too broad a question, so I didn't really have a response. I guess I could have talked about how varied it is depending on school district and I think that schools who don't do abstinence-only ed can't get federal funding. Then I talked to Arely a bit after class and headed home and took a nap.

Ale and I headed over to Marijane's for dinner, since she and her housemate Felix were making a lot of food. Alejandro, Ana, and Miguel also went, and we stayed there late discussing the world, sex, and many other things. I got to wash dishes, which was enjoyable.

Friday I headed over to Rachel's new place, and Marijane, she and I tried to study for a while. We ordered Watsy's,a nd then I headed to my counseling appointment, then to the store, and back to Rachel's. Ale and Cat came over, and we listened, sang to, and danced to music. Then we headed home.

Saturday I spent much of the day doing homework, and then some of us went out that night. On the metro, Alejandro and I talked about a tarot reading that he had had earlier that day, and it was really interesting. Marijane, Felix, Olga, Alejandro, Cat, Nadia and I went to a bar where there was a trio playing Cuban music. I was kind of uncomfortable at first, as usual, but it was a lot of fun. We all danced, and there were a lot of fun jokes. Then we walked from there to La Zona Rosa (which wasn't too far away), and went to a lesbian bar called Pussy. Everyone else did body shots, though Marijane was sure to make sure everyone consented to it before people did it, which was quite cool, and then we went to a club nearby whose name I don't remember. And then all seven of us got in a taxi (I ended up across Alejandro and Cat, which was more comfortable then being squished in front of someone). It was a fun night, although a bit uncomfortable at first. We swung on the swings in the playground right outside my apartment building. I'll have to do that again in the middle of the night! I got to bed at 3ish, but didn't sleep that well, since I randomly got a lot of energy right before going to bed.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good pictures- looks like fun. I can picture you in a taxi lying across other people because not enough room; makes me smile.