Such a blue blue sky. I don't remember what day it was, but it must have been Monday. It was quite beautiful. I wanted to take a picture, but of course that didn't happen.
Monday I spent the day unmotivatedly trying to do homework and then went to class. We talked a lot about the Homi Babha lecture (which got me to laugh a bit because of some of the humorous incidents that happened - yay!), and some about the readings and the test/exercise we had done the week before. Some people did just straight summaries, so hopefully mine was ok, since it was a bit more analysis. But if she docks me for my grammar, I'll be in a bad position.
Then I went to the evil walmart that tries to pose as a non-walmart (Superama) because I was really hungry and out of food to make meals (I had some food, but nothing that could really be combined). I didn't have much money on my, so I went for the essentials: frosting, candy, pasta, onion, spinach, and maybe one or two other things.
I got home and worked on an assignment for Teoría Social en América Latina, in which I had to discuss three specific authors, two of which I hadn't understood very well. I got to bed a bit late and then had a complicated dream I couldn't remember later because I hadn't written it down (I forgot to make the bacon! lol).
Tuesday began by me editing my paper, and trying to get going as soon as possible. I went to the graduate class, and unfortunately it turned out we were still talking about some readings from the previous week...which I hadn't brought with me. Darn. I had promised myself that I would participate this time, since participation is a part of the grade, but it didn't happen. I tried to raise my hand, but the prof was looking down, and then continued on a train of thought. And then later, the prof was about to leave to go to a meeting, and I tired to raise my hand, and they told me that they just needed to get through with what they were saying and then leave. Which made sense. Then we had a class discussion in a circle after the break, but by that point i was feeling like my comment (which was going to suggest that there isn't a prediscursive body) was kind of in disagreement with what was being talked about. And I didn't want to go back to someone's question earlier about how to look from outside of any biased framework.
Then I headed to the central library, to meet Arely, so that she could borrow some of the readings from our class we have together on Thursdays. Then I went to the vegetarian place on campus and had a delicious meal.
Then it was time for Social Theory in América Latina. I was tired, so I had difficulty staying awake during the presentations. But they were interesting. And the prof had everyone contribute something to the discussion (yay!!!).
Then it was quick walking to get to my counseling appointment. I bumped into Juan and Linda on the way off campus, and then Ana after I had bought a coconut popsicle for the walk. I managed to get there way to ealry, so I sat on a stump a block away, messing with my cell phone so I didn't look like I was a problem.
A guy came up to me, and i think said that he was happy I was there, because he saw I was messing with my cell phone, and then remembered to return home to get his before he drove away. He asked if I was ok, and I said "Estoy esperando" which directly translates to "I'm waiting" but actually means "I'm pregnant" (waiting for a baby). lol. So he pointed that out and I explained I was not waiting far a baby (I need to stop using the progressive tense so much!). Then he went merrily on his way. After counseling I went to the store, and got some stuff to make macaroons, since the people from the graduate class are having a potluck on saturday. One of them asked if I was coming, and when I said I wasn't sure, assumed it was because I'm shy, rather than I'm vegan and didn't want to be a problem (since the main dish with be a Brazilian one that's made of beans and chorizo). But they suggested i bring food for myself in case there's nothing I can eat. So I guess I'll go. I've barely talked to anyone in that class, but maybe this will be a chance to make friends. The bad part about that class is we have to read a huge portion of one of Foucault's books for next week, which sounds like a lot.
Then I got home, made pasta and spinach for dinner, and hung out with my housemates a bit, going through some of the current gossip (chisme). I am exhausted. Good news is I'm catching up on Nobody Passes as a break from my recent stress.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Traducciones que no funcionan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nobody passes? Funny about waiting for a baby.
Post a Comment