I did homework today, and then Rebecca and I went to the store, and then to get photos taken for our visa applications. We had to go back later to pick them up, and by that time it was raining.
Aleshia and I, and possibly Rebecca were pretty exhausted today, so with lunch we watched some of a Two and a Half Men marathon. It's in english with Spanish subtitles, like quite a few things I've seen on TV, so you get to find out the punch lines before they're said and the "live audience" laughs.
I was looking at the classes that might be offered at UNAM this fall (they don't put out an actual list until a week before), and I'm kind of regretting not having applied to the Filosofía y Letras Facultad. There could be some really cool classes there, and it would have only been a tiny bit more paper work. I just didn't think about how much I love the humanities. Some of the classes I was thinking of taking are suggested for the end of someone's studying in their major, so perhaps I shouldn't do those. I wouldn't have the background. We'll see.
Tonight I did laundry, and just finished putting it on the roof. Each apartment has its own cage-like thing with a padlock, where they can hang clothes. Our apartment came with clothes pins, and I haven't had access to those in such a long time. I spent a while trying to find hypo-allergenic detergent or something, but didn't really come across any. When I was hanging up the clothjes, it seemed that the smell was awfully strong of the Almond and wheat detergent (we thought those could be pretty neutral). I can't deal with strong scents very well, but hopefully I'll get used to it. And hopefully it doesn't rain before I can take the clothes off the line...
We have to meet at school quite early tomorrow for a field trip. It should be fun, but I need sleep. Luckily I got an alarm clock today, so instead of hoping I'll wake up on time, or asking my housemates to do it, I can be more or less certain that all will go well. Of course the ticking will take some getting used to.
Ironic/Awkward moment of the day:
Rebecca was telling me that if for some reason she didn't come home, she would want me to call the program directors, and not the police because she doesn't t-(and as she said that, we passed a police car stopped on our left, and then an officer on our right)...then she tried to mumble somethign different, but once we got far enough away, she said "because I don't trust them." (of course in Spanish. I'm sometimes getting a lot of Spanish practice, and I'm trying to think in Spanish, but writing in English doesn't exactly help :p ).
Well, time for bed. And maybe I'll be brave enough to make the phone calls I should tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you are doing incredibly well to understand a lot of Spanish and manage in another country- Mom.
Post a Comment