I'm in the hotel. and I've met most of the UC students here. We got our housing packets and will go with our landlords tomorrow to our places. It looks like I'm in an apartment with at least 2 other people. one from UCSC and one from UCD.the form says we have wireless.
Everyone seems to be so good at Spanish. Not me of course. The person whom I’m sharing a room with at the hotel also went to Xela. Their name is Rachel and they are from UCB.
The people who are in charge of the EAP program took us out to dinner at a nice restaurant. I was too tired to figure out what was vegan, so I got pasta with a chili verde sauce called “Spaghetti Poblada.” It was good but it may have had milk and now I have lots of gas.
I need to be less shy, but hey, it was my first day here. I may have lost an important document in the airport, and I freak Hed out in the Taxi unsure as to whether the driver was kidnapping me. Overreaction!
Some people took the time to talk to me and although I fumbled my Spanish, it was nice.
I’ll be going to my apartment tomorrow. Rebecca (UCD) and Alecia (UCSC) are in the same one, we’re pretty sure. I guess I’m kind of excited that I can make sure my meals are vegan. And Rebbecca sat in front of me on the plane, but we weren’t certain that we were both EAP people.
They said they'd provide us with maps, but they didn't even give us a street map of around and including UNAM. Oh well. I guess there's the internet or I can buy a map somewhere. I don’t know where the study center is but I just looked up the street my apartment is on, and it’s kind of at the northwest edge of UNAM.
I'm excited for tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment