Tuesday, July 14, 2009

El Cansancio

I'm really tired. I went to class and was tired there. The Contemporary Mexico class was interesting, even though it was mostly lecture, but it's hard for me to follow spanish for so long. And my Spanish class was pretty boring. The professor went over each of our papers with us individually, and then we discussed syllables. Then a baunch of us walked to our apartment before going to see a movie near the metro stop Hildago. We took a short cut, the same one the Aleshia had shown me this morning, but since we were going the opposite direction, we went the wrong way and it became a long-cut.

Then we got on the metro which was really hot and crowed. I felt pretty terrible because I started my period today. We got to the theater, where they were showing a movie from the 40s about forbidden love, and I sat down on a chair in the art gallery/lobby because I was feeling really terrible. Everyone else ended up entering w/o me, which was kind of depressing, but I got a ticket and got in just before it started, having to get in lots of people's ways.

Maybe 20 min in I felt terrible, like i was going to vomit, so I left to the lobby. The theater was really warm, and i could barely move or concentrate. I went outside to try to cool down and calm down, but I still felt pretty terrible. Someone who works at the theater came out to check on me. When it started raining I went back into the lobby and waited for a while, and then heard the vice of someone from my school who hadn't come with us. It turned out two students had come to see the concert that was happening after the film. I waited untill the people I came with got out, and then we decided to get something to eat. I was feeling better by this time. I had french fries and a fruit salad.

Now I'm home and not feeling up for much homework, and feeling frustrated with classes in general. Hopefully it's pent up emotion that's being released with my period, and I'll feel more optimistic soon.

No comments: