Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tlatelolco

We had a guest lecturer talking about the Mexican economy. And Spanish was alright. I Kind of want ot do my presentation for that class on SF's Gay Shame, but that might be a bit too radical. I can't think of anything else. For my paper, I'm going to write on the significance/role of La Marcha Lesbica, and I've found several articles that could be useful. I couldn't find much in depth stiff about trans people, and gentrification seems too broad. The other students here I've talked to about La Marcha haven't heard of it, which seems weird to me, since I heard about it quite a bit at Santa Cruz, from a variety of people.

Rachel, Miguel, and i went to Tlatelolco to do research for our presentation. We'll have to go back because there was still so much to see, so we're planning on doing that on Tuesday.

I'm really tired, so I'm going to go to bed, but I'll try to put up a few pictures and more of an explanation of the place we went if/when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope you got some rest. Again I am so proud of you that you have taken on this challenge and are plugging along at it!

Dawn said...

Your kitty is knocking down all the pencils she can find. All my scratches from her have healed. Due for another tussle I guess.