We went to class and there were a whole bunch of Telenovela trailers outside and it turned out that they were filming inside la Casa de California. After Spanish class, a bunch of us watched them filming through a window. Oscar took pictures with my camera. Spanish class was alright. We began with the professor writing all our numbers on the board so we had people to contacted if we needed to or wanted to. Then we did some review, most which was pretty easy, and then we went over bad words, so that way we wouldn't say something offensive or get made fun of.
Then we had an hour break, and next we went to the contemporary mexico class. It seems like she is going to be really nice and flexible about everything. The assignments don't seem as bad as they did earlier. We have a group assignment and presentation, having to do with going to a specific thing, and finding out more about it. We also have to write a short paper on it. And then we have to write an 8-12 page paper on something of our choice. It seems like a pretty discussion based class. The only drawback is that it's not entirely in Spanish, so I feel like it's not preparing me as much as I had hoped for UNAM.
Afterwards, I went with some friends to el mercado de San Ángel. I bought some fruits and vegetables, and hung out with everyone else. It was fun. And then when I returned, I started dinner, and then went to and ice cream shop just a few buildings down with Rebecca. She got a blue popsicle, and I got another lime sorbet.
I bought a newspaper, because we're supposed to read it every day (which I haven't done yet, and I also haven't done my spanish homework). As we were walking back, Rebecca and i both remarked on the fact that we had spilled some of our desserts on ourselves. Her's was pretty much the same color as her shirt though, so that was good.
When we got home, Ayaka and her friends started laughing, and said "Qué color!" to Rebecca. She thought it was about her popsicle and shirt matching, but when she saw herself in the mirror, she realized that in fact she had blue teeth from it. We all laughed a lot and she blamed me for not telling her. And she had smiled at people on the way back and felt embarrassed, but not mad at all, it was quite funny.
Later we told Aleshia and the three of us started devising plans to trick our friends into the same things. We laughed a whole lot, and told Ayaka who laughed with us. We might be doing it tomorrow, and i feel reluctant, because today is was accidental and ironic, but perhaps pranks can be more hurtful.
Then Aleshia was watching TV, and the one we had seen being filmed was on. It wasn't the same episode, but there were some shots at the Casa de California because that is one of the character's homes or something.
Now I am sitting in my room smelling the pineapple I bought and hope to eat tomorrow. Today I made a salad, rice, and the garbanzo beans. And I should start on that homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment