I went out with my housemates and some friends from the EAP program and it was a lot of fun. There's a bar just across the street, and so we went there and just sat and talked. It's nice that it's so close to home because I'm pretty scared of walking long distances at night. But it was really nice for me. I wasn't obligated to do anything, and after I told people I didn't drink, they didn't pressure me to at all.
Some people were smoking nearby, but it didn't bug me as much as it does sometimes...perhaps because I've gotten used to the pollution here? I don't really notice any smog at all...except maybe today, when I washed my face, and the dirt/sweat was darker than usual, perhaps from the metro.
Ayaka, Rebecca, and I left together, and Aleshia will walk with some of the others to our place. I left because I didn't know how much longer she would want to stay, and I was feeling like my thinking was a little delayed, but I got a lot of energy from hanging out with everyone and laughing. I'm glad that from Cayuga I learned to be comfortable around people drinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay I can get it to work! Sounds like you all are navigating well for only being there a few days.
Post a Comment