So after sleeping in, Aleshia, Rebecca and I decided to go do some things. We went to the Telcel so that Rebecca could fix her phone, as it wouldn't leave a "saving"message no matter what anyone did. Apparently something was wrong with her SIM card so they gave her another. Then we began a long trek to get to The Green Store where I hoped there'd be vegan things. We got on the Metro, and then got off at a stop to switch lines, but apparently the line we wanted waas still being built. We got back on, and then transferred twice after trying to navigate through the stations (they have a sign saying which lines you can get to from the stops, but it's not as clear which line is at each stop...if that makes sense). So we finally got to the stop that we were trying to get to, and I said we needed to go to the left. We walked a long time, and then Rebecca asked someone if the street we were trying to get to was in that direction, and we learned we were going in the wrong direction. So then we walked all the way back. And then we took a mini bus to get onto the right stret so we didn't have to walk so far. The store was much further than I had thought, so it's good we did that. Luckily I kind of remembered the address, so although my handwritten map didn't have all the streets marked on it, we were able to find the store. We left and started walking in the direction of our apartment, and I figured we'd get on another minibus in a bit to get back, but in fact, we were only a few block from the Telcel. So we spent hours on the metro and walking for nothing. It was quite hilarious. At least we got to see some more of the city, and I got my first experience on the metro and minibuses.
Then we went shopping and I bought some lime sorbet on the way home.It was delicious. I might go out with my housemates tonight, to a placer across the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment